DATE/LOCATION: Saturday Feb 15th, 2020 @ Parkside High School (1015 Beaglin Park Drive Salisbury, MD 21804)
AGES: 6-14 (K-8th grade)
DIVISIONS/WEIGHT CLASSES: Novice and Experienced divisions. We will be using the Madison system for weight classes. Ages are current ages as of date of tournament. Age groups may be combined depending on numbers. You can choose to wrestle up to a higher age group if you want.
Novice: Age 6 and under Experienced: Age 8 and under
Age 8 and under Age 10 and under **DOUBLE ELIMINATION**
Age 10 and under Age 12 and under
Age 12 and under Age 14 and under (no high school experience)
Age 14 and under (no high school experience)
**A novice wrestler is any wrestler who is in their first 3 years of wrestling and has “limited experience.” Anyone 6 and under will automatically be considered a novice wrestler. However, they can choose to enter the Experienced division instead.
**An experienced wrestler should be considered any wrestler who has wrestled for more than 3 years and has seen some success (placing/winning tournaments, etc).
WEIGH-INS: Friday Feb 14th from 6-8PM at Parkside HS (Both divisions)…Go through main doors to school and look for sign
Saturday Feb 15th Novice from 8-9AM Experienced from 11-12noon…Sat weigh-ins will be in gym locker room
WRESTLING TIMES/OTHER LOGISTICS:
· Novice division will start approx. 10:00AM (may be earlier if updated brackets are ready)
· Experienced division will start approx. 1:00PM (may be earlier if updated brackets are ready)
· We will wrestle on 3-6 mats (if needed), which will be dependent on the number of registrations.
· We will limit registrations to the first 250 wrestlers.
ENTRY FEE: $25 - ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY if registering individually. Use the following link…
There are no walk-ins! Online registration closes at 5:00PM on FRIDAY Feb 14th
A USA card is required for this event. To renew or purchase a new card go to www.usawmembership.com
If registering as a team you can request a spreadsheet from Craig Patterson by e-mailing [email protected] Send completed spread sheet along with a check back to MSWA c/o Keith Watson at 2227 Warfield Drive, Forest Hill, MD 21050 with names, ages, weights. Please make check payable to MSWA.
Questions?? Contact Craig Patterson [email protected] or Burt Cashman [email protected]
ADMISSION: $5 adults, $3 ages 5-17, kids under 5 free
AWARDS: Medals to top 3 place finishers in each age group. Trophy to the top team with most place finishers
1. NFHS rules (modified) will govern this event
2. All periods will be 1-1-1
3. Headgear, singlet recommended. 2-piece uniforms are allowed
4. Proof of age must be available if challenged
5. No wrestlers with high school JV or varsity experience
6. Tourn director has the right to combine age groups
7. Wrestlers may compete in more than one age group. Fill out separate forms. Must be ready to wrestle.