Let’s continue to build this program!!
- Falcons Youth Wrestling is entering its 5th season and is available to kids in grades 1-8. No prior wrestling experience is necessary.
- Participants will wrestle with kids of similar weight/age/ability level.
- The season runs from November 25th until February 11th. Practices are held every Mon and Tue from 5:30-7PM at Parkside High School in the cafeteria (on 2 mats).
- Several local youth tournaments will be promoted throughout the season. We also have some scrimmages/joint practices set up with other local youth clubs.
- There will be a FREE “preview/intro night” on Tuesday November 19th at 5:30PM in the PHS cafeteria. The purpose for this is so that participants AND parents can learn more about the sport of wrestling and what to expect from the Falcons program. Everyone should attend even if you participated last year. First official practice is Monday November 25th
- Cost is $100. Your payment includes training, skill development, a sweatshirt, t-shirt and shorts which participants will be able to keep. It also includes a singlet which will be issued to your child if they choose to participate in tournaments. Participation in tournaments is optional. Singlets must be returned at the end of the season.
- Participants will need wrestling shoes and headgear. They should wear shorts and a t-shirt to practices. Knee pads, mouth guard, etc are optional.
- Program director is current Parkside High School head varsity wrestling coach Burt Cashman. Other local coaches and wrestlers will be on hand at practices to assist. We are always looking for volunteers to help! Contact Coach Cashman at [email protected] if you are interested in helping.
Contact Coach Cashman at [email protected] or 443-614-6980 (call or text)
We hope to see you there!